Whimsical Vanity

Friday, December 13, 2013

Hello All! Hope everyone is enjoying this time of year, as we get closer to the Christmas holidays! I know with the shop opening in just days I have not had time to get into the Christmas spirit...but I promise to do a Christmas themed wreath tutorial for you all really soon so be sure to look for that!.
While trying to pick pieces of furniture to redo I came across a very cute vintage vanity. It was in poor condition but it had personality and I could not beat the price!. Since she was real wood i knew with sanding and some patching of the veneer I could make her like new. So after the repairs I decided i was going to use a layered look using French Linen and Old white (Annie Sloan) I put down French Linen first then went over it with Old white. I wanted the gray to show thru in some areas so i used short brush strokes. Using Graphite i did a lot of stenciling...And that is as far as i had done for today, and i must say it came out even better than i expected! I bought some glass knobs and will be doing some waxing tomorrow and prob put some bling on it!But i still have to buy a new mirror to put on her because the other one looks real beat up. So be sure to look for pics of my whimsical vanity when its complete. Update*** So the vanity is mostly finished and i must say it's by far my favorite piece. I just need to get a new mirror for it and it will be complete! and yes I took more pics

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply